Saturday, October 27, 2018- 12pm-4pm (4 CEU's offered for Mental Health Professionals)
Awakening Together: The Practice of Relational Awareness ~ A Half- Day Meditation Intensive with Scott Tusa
"Be kind to yourself as you proceed along this journey. This kindness, in itself, is a means of awakening the spark of love within you and helping others to discover that spark within themselves." ~Tsoknyi Rinpoche
“We are here to awaken from our illusion of separateness.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh
There are many ways to approach the practice of meditation. On the Buddhist path, meditation is a tool to uncover the true peace of our own inner awakened nature. Rather than a “self-help” technique or a limited transactional method, Buddhist meditation aims to cultivate a relational awareness. One where the development of our own inner peace connects into a responsibility and altruism towards others.
Through a combination of experiential learning and meditation, this half-day workshop will explore the intersections of core Buddhist principles and our everyday lives, where integrative meditation practices meet the world around us.
• Learning to connect with the root of meditative awareness.
• Understanding the limitations of “self-help” meditation.
• Working with “overactive judgment” and distinguishing between reacting and responding.
• Connecting meditative awareness into our relationships and the world around us.
• Learning how to connect meditative awareness into compassionate action.
For more information and to register please visit: https://mindfulpathbehavioralhealth.ticketspice.com/scott-tusa-dharma-weekend